Friday, December 12, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas is a little different this year, it is the first time I was able to decorate my own home. There was definitely a new excitement in the air when we went to pick up our very first Christmas tree as roommates. We set aside a whole day for decorating our home for the holiday season.
There were some challenges though, because three very strong opinionated women, whom grew up in three different homes, all had their own vision of what Christmas should look like in our house.


Anna brought home this "Asian Santa" as we call him. Ashlee and I often stuff him in the corner because he freaks us out.


Ashlee and Anna (mostly Ashlee) had loads of decorations to contribute to our living room. We had so much fun hanging ornaments, putting up lights and listening to our favorite Christmas carols while drinking hot chocolate.

Anna and I had fun setting up this village on our coffee table... It took me back to my childhood when I would go over to my Nana's house and marvel at her little village that lived under her tree. I would spend hours playing with the train and with all the little people that she had set up for us grandchildren. What fond memories that came back to me!

Anna insisted that Santa be in our Christmas picture. I quickly threw him to the other side of this room after this was taken...


And of course this was the result of my actions. =0) I love these girls, and I couldn't ask for better roommates to spend my first Christmas with away from home.
























1 comment:

lovin' life said...

Looks like you had a blast. Glad your girls are so fun to live with. Life is indeed good!

Love ya!