Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Goodbye Facebook, hello blogging!

I gave up facebook for Lent this year.... (this year, as if I have ever given up anything for lent before.) And the funny part is... I'm not even sure what Lent is all about. My church doesn't "support it" nor do they mention anything about it... So all I know is that some people "sacrifice" something for forty days... some make it without stumbling, some don't. So I thought that I would try it out... you know, "sacrifice" something for the next 40 days... and see if any good actually comes out of it. The reason why I'm doing this, is because I feel that I waste a lot of time on facebook. Time that could be directed to strengthening my relationship with the Lord. So in place of FB, I plan on reading and studying scripture, or when feeling tempted to sign on, I'll use that time to pray. See the goal is to refocus... to cut out some distractions.

So here I go... on my forty day journey to cut FB out of my life. Will I succeed? We'll see.

No comments: