Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I forgot about "The Great Divorce"

All day today I was looking forward to going out and spending a bit of my tax return on new running clothes. I had read in my training book that the second most important thing, besides actually training for a half marathon is using the right gear. Almost everything I own is cotton, and that is a big no no in the running world. I have the right shoes, just not the right clothing. So after work I ventured off to Kent Station to take a look at the sales racks in Road Runner. As I was pulling into the parking lot I received a phone call from Anna... it went a bit like this...

Kelly: "Uhm. Hello?"
Anna: "Hi!"
Kelly: "What's up?"
Anna: "Are you excited for tonight?"
Kelly: ... tonight... crap whats tonight? what is she talking about? What did i forget about now?
Anna: "Where are you? Are you on your way?"
Kelly: Suddenly I remember... The PLAY! "Oh yeah! The play, of course I remember, I'm on my way, I went out of my way, but now I will turn around and head up to Seattle! I'll see you in a bit!"

OK, so i TOTALLY forgot that i was going to dinner and a play with Anna and her friends tonight. It was at the Taproot Theatre in Seattle. It was on my calendar, but completely out of my mind. All week I had been planning to go shopping on Wednesday, and every day I looked at my calendar and saw "Taproot, 7:30pm Wednesday". I guess it just didn't click.

Anywho, I got to Seattle, found Anna in a coffee shop around the corner and then we went to Romio's for dinner. The service was awful! I'm not kidding, we were there for an hour and a half... we had to ask for the menu, our silverware and our checks. The food took an hour to get to us and service was very slow. I guess I wont be going there again. But the company was good. We had a whole 3 minutes to spare before the play started... it's a good thing that taproot was nearly next door to the restaurant.

The play was very interesting. We saw "The Great Divorce" which is a play based off of CS Lewis's book. I haven't read it, but I'm sure I would have understood the play way better if I had. The actors were quite good, they were able to play multiple characters and transition into them easily. I was impressed by their talent. I always enjoy Taproot's productions. And the theatre is nice and cozy... there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Over all, it was a good evening. I'm so glad that Anna called me when she did... otherwise this would have been a completely different blog.

Good night!